Have you seen one of these widely circulated detox tea ads, with big names in social media sharing a picture or two of their cuppa?
Most of it is shared as a great way to keep your body free of toxins and fit. So now you are convinced that you must add detox teas to your staying fit or weight loss journey. We know that the internet is filled with vast information on detox teas for weight loss, and spiraling down into this extensive 'detox-verse' is almost unavoidable.
We are here to make your detox tea research easier. If you are a newbie to detox teas or want to try something authentic and homemade, we have just the article for you. We mean that you do not need exotic and hard-to-pronounce herbs to make yourself a quick and effective slimming detox tea.
Here are three easy and effective tea recipes for detox teas for weight loss.
Lemon ginger turmeric tea
A warm Lemon ginger turmeric tea is a great way to begin your day and detox your body.
With its antioxidants, vitamin C, and diuretic properties, Lemon promotes good digestion and fat burning. Some studies suggest that Ginger affects how your body burns fat (thermogenesis), digests carbohydrates, and uses insulin. Turmeric is a superfood with antimicrobial properties. Today, turmeric is promoted as a dietary supplement for various conditions, including arthritis, digestive disorders, respiratory infections, allergies, liver disease, depression, and many others.
- 1 lemon
- Honey or syrup
Instructions to make Lemon ginger turmeric tea -
- Bring a pot of water to simmer at around 194 ºF (90 ºC).
- Cut a lemon into half and squeeze it in a cup.
- Cut or preferably shred the ginger and turmeric root (you can also use powder) and add it to the lemon juice.
- Add the boiling water to the cup, let it sit for 5 minutes, and strain it.
- Alternatively, add the ingredients to the water and let it simmer.
- Add the sweetener of your choice.
- You can also add cinnamon to the drink.
Our suggestion: Use fresh ingredients for the best taste.
Iced mint-green tea with honey
We call this drink queen of refreshment.
Green tea is brimming with everything good for health, including faster metabolism and promoting weight loss. When green tea is added with mint, which supports digestion and boosts metabolism to help lose weight, we get a healthy concoction of detox tea that promotes weight loss. The honey in this adds to the sweetness and also helps suppress appetite.
- 4 cups of fresh, filtered water.
- 7 green tea bags
- Mint Sprigs
- 2 cups of ice cubes
- Cold water
- Honey or sugar syrup.
Instructions to make Iced mint-green tea with honey -
- First, bring four cups of water to a boil and turn off the heat—Steep 6 to 7 green tea bags and two mint sprigs in the water for 10-15 minutes; This is the green tea concentrate.
- After this, remove the tea bags and mint and add your preferred choice of sweetener to it. We added honey to our tea.
- Take a glass pitcher and add ice cubes, cold water, and green tea concentrate. Stir well.
- Serve with ice, lemon slices, and mint sprig.
Cinnamon lemon detox tea
A single search on natural ways to lose weight and belly fat will most surely bring you to Cinnamon and its benefits. It is well known as an anti-diabetic spice. It not only lower and help maintain healthy sugar level, but it is also effective in improving cell reactivity to the insulin hormone, which is responsible for transporting glucose into cells. The spice is also known to slow the absorption of sugar from the blood after eating a high-carbohydrate meal. High in fiber, Cinnamon helps to lower food cravings.
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 tbsp of loose-leaf tea or two tea bags
- 2-4 cinnamon sticks
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp honey or maple syrup.
Instructions to make Cinnamon lemon detox tea
- Brew your favorite tea (loose-leaf or tea bags) with a glass of water.
- Bring another glass of water and the spices to boil in a saucepan.
- When it begins to boil, lower the heat. Add lemon juice and sweetener and let it steep on low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Once brewed, strain the mixture in a pot and add tea.
These are the easiest to make herbal detox teas for weight loss. Let us know in the comment section about your take on the ingredients. We would also love to hear any suggestions from your side.
You can check our chosen range of herbal teas from the website-